Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Album: Carl Thomas "Conquer"



So apparently former Bad Boy crooner, Carl Thomas, dropped a new album this week on iTunes entitled Conquer. I was wondering why there was no major fuss about it, but it's been pushed back several times and upon doing research, I don't think a lot of other people knew about it either. Went to his Twitter page, and it's on private which explains a lot...



In my opinion, if you are a celebrity or in the entertainment business, there is no reason that your page should be on private, unless you have something to hide. Social media is a form of FREE marketing to get your music out there. It's not like he dropped a mixtape or something, where it's free. So that means his success depends on people actually buying it.

Now, he does have a right to his privacy, and do I and the millions of other users of social media sites. However, this is how so many artists fail because of lack of good marketing and promotions. Back in the day, you could blame your label for the fail of an album. But now with technology, you can connect directly with your consumer at any time. A few tweets or Facebook posts per day could be just as effective as going out there handing out flyers. Probably more, because it gives artists a chance to really connect with their fans, and those who may not be familiar with them.

I went waaay left there with my marketing perspective, but I hate it when I see good artists' music not marketed or promoted well. So far Conquer sounds good, as I type this. I haven't been on his music like that since his first album, Emotional. I felt like he lost his sound somewhere.  However, after listening to "Long Distance Love Affair" I feel like the old Carl is back!

If you want to listen and download, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment