Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Solange Isn't Feeling The Beyonce Slander...


Unless you've been living under a rock, you are aware that Beyonce Knowles-Carter gave birth to a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter aka BIC over the weekend. Beyonce's husband, rapper Jay-Z had the internet buzzing and with his song dedication to his newborn daughter, "Glory" yesterday.

Throughout Beyonce's pregnancy there has been speculation and much conspiracy theories on the reality of her pregnancy. From her first announcement of her pregnancy at the MTV Awards until now, there have been doubts among the public as much as there has been congratulations. However some of the comments must've gotten under her sister, singer-songwriter Solange Knowle's skin because she took to Twitter (as most celebs do) to voice her anger...


I agree, with Solange to a point. I would hate for people to continually say untrue and hurtful things about my loved ones and not expect me to take offense or get upset. However, as celebrities, you open yourself up to this type of scrutinizing. It's what people do, and have always done. It doesn't make it right, but that's the price you pay when you're a celebrity.

Social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook make everything more magnified because people can tell you directly how they feel. They've cut out the middle man.  Whereas people used to talk amongst themselves in the beauty and barber shops, now they can @ or make a post about you and tell you exactly what they think, and a lot of celebrities can't handle that. But despite all of this, most of them can't stay off these sites themselves so it's a catch-22.


I personally could care less about the whole Beyonce-is-she-really-pregnant conspiracy (although I do have one eyebrow raised as I type this also). Whether or not Beyonce had a surrogate mother or not, does not take from, nor put food in my mouth. I did, however, find it strange, that a normally private couple found time to release a press statement yesterday.They didn't give any details from their wedding, so why would they reach out to the press now.

All this hoopla reminds me of my mother who still believes Janet Jackson has a long-lost child out there with ex-husband James Debarge. She swears up and down that she remembers Janet announcing her pregnancy on TV and seeing them in the magazines back in the 80s. You can't tell her any different. But just like people have raised eyebrows about the legitimacy of Michael Jackson's three children, they will continue to question the Carters. When you're of the celebrity status that Beyonce and Jay-Z are, it's almost to be expected.


I was skeptical on making a post on this matter, since other sites have been saturating the internet with this. However, I decided that I might as well get a few coins myself. Congrats to the Carters!

1 comment:

  1. I agreee leaave beyonce and her FAMILY alone u all know NOYHING so get a LIFE instaed of messing with someone ELSE'S

    ReplyDelete