Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Been So Long...


Hello everyone! It's been a few months since I've posted anything. There were some personal matters that I had going on and just wasn't feeling it.  It got to the point where I wasn't writing anything. I also got away from my reason for starting this blog in the first place. Originally, I started it to celebrate old school R&B artists and their music. R&B (not Hip Hop & R&B) is not a celebrated genre of music anymore. Heck, even the Billboard charts hardly recognize pure R&B anymore. I missed those songs that made you feel good and evoked all sorts of emotions like love and happiness--that "Awwww yeah!" feeling that you get when you're favorite oldie came on. I began focusing more on keeping up with the latest news and what other sites were posting than what I really wanted to focus on--the music.


I LOVE music. It's one of the top things I could spend all day talking about and not get tired. Although I'm a hardcore old school R&B junkie to my soul, I sought inspiration from artists from today. I found lots of newly signed and unsigned R&B artists that reawakened my love for R&B music. Many of these artists go unnoticed due to the ever-changing music industry where only Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock or Country dominate the airwaves. Others get looked over because they refuse to dumb down their music, compromise their individuality and creativity, and maintain their morals and standards.

What can you expect from this site in the future? Well, for one, I will be updating much more regularly.  I apologize for the long vacation (to those who actually read the site regularly).  For another, while this site was created to celebrate and pay homage to artists of yesterday, it will also be a platform for new R&B artists of today so you'll get a mixture of both. There will also be some jazz, reggae, and gospel artists and music featured as well. I will also be making some changes to the look and format of the blog. I'm not in competition with any other sites because I believe everyone has something to offer. Music is the one thing that connects everyone and surpasses all ethnicities, races, color and language barriers. I just want this to be a site for R&B music lovers like myself.

So,  in honor of the RnBnMe's return, here is one of my favorites by the illustrious Anita Baker, "Been So Long". From the opening chords to her singing the chorus "Been so long/I'm missing you baby", no one in the world can take a song and make it her long like she can. Have you heard her cover of Tyrese's "Lately" yet? If not, you're missing out!




Oh, and please follow us on Twitter! There's much more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment