Friday, October 5, 2012

Song of The Day: Emelie Sande "My Kind of Love"


I love, love, love this girl! Hailing from the U.K., this young woman is taking the charts by storm! Having already sold over 600, 000 copies (only second behind Adele in 2012 U.K. sales) of her debut album, Our Version of Events, she was also the voice of the recent 2012 Summer Olympics. Even Adele has sang her praises. Although, she is a top artist/songwriter over in the U.K., she has yet to sore to the top of the U.S. charts. However, I feel that's only a matter of time.

"My Kind of Love" is my absolute favorite song of hers. From the opening piano intro until her last soulful note, this song right here was an instant hit for me.  In an era of bubblegum music and artists who are use gimmicks to become and remain relevant, I found hope in Emelie Sande. If you haven't checked out Our Version of Events you must not be a fan of real music. The album is dope from beginning to end. Check out the song and video below.




No comments:

Post a Comment