Thursday, October 18, 2012

THROWBACK: Dru Hill "These Are The Times" [VIDEO]


I was a middle schooler, in 1998, when this throwback jam came out. I was a HUGE fan of Dru Hill, although at first I thought they were a wannabe Jodeci when they hit the scene. However, they won me over with their first album and I was a die-hard fan by the second one!

I really liked this video because of the whole Man In The Iron Mask concept taken from the book and movie that starred Leonardo Di Caprio during that time. I also loved it that Lark Voorhies, from one of my all-time favorite shows, Saved By The Bell, was the heroine. It was interesting, yet classy, and complemented the song well.

Most memorable line: "Tear you up in little pieces/Swallow you like Reese's Pieces/C'mon, girl you know I need you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment